How do I connect the WS-Trust connector of WSO2 Identity Server?
Strictly for IS versions 5.11.0-m25+
Why is it provided as a connector?
WS-Trust functionality has been implemented a long time back in WSO2 Identity Server and it contains outdated dependencies which will not have the latest security security fixes. So because of that we have moved this as a connector to avoid exposure of those to the default product. To fix this WS-Trust functionality should be re implemented using newer OpenSAML version and should be provided with the default product rather than a connector also we should avoid using both wso2-wss4j and wso2-rampart because those do not get updated with the new dependencies.
How do I add it as a connector?
Follow the processes:
- Clone the repository wso2-extensions/identity-inbound-auth-sts using the command:
- Open the cloned repository through an IDE and open a terminal.
- Checkout to the relevant tag which relates to your product version using the command:
git checkout v5.6.x
- Build the repository using the command:
mvn clean install
- Navigate to components/org.wso2.carbon.sts.connector/target.
- Copy the zip file named org.wso2.carbon.sts.connector-5.6.x.zip.
- Navigate to PRODUCT_HOME paste the zip file and extract it.
If your using MacOS/Ubuntu:
- Move into the extracted_folder and execute the commands:
chmod u+r+x setup_sts.shand
- Navigate to extracted_folder/dropins copy the jars in the location to PRODUCT_HOME/repository/components/dropins.
- Navigate to extracted_folder/deployment-client-modules copy the mar file in the location to PRODUCT_HOME/repository/deployment/client/modules.
- After executing the commands or following the processes you have successfully added the connector into the product.
- Go back to the PRODUCT_HOME and delete the extracted_folder.
How can I test if the connector works?
Will this be a connector forever?
No. This will be re implemented and provided through the default product in the near future. For more updates please refer the GitHub issue.
And finally it’s a goodbye from me. See you guys later!